Livestreaming: Getting started
1. Create the live stream
First we need to create the live stream.
- As an organizer for the event, go to Settings → Livestreams
- Select the mats you want to livestream
- Select the platform you want to livestream to:
Smoothcomp has a custom integration to YouTube that will manage everything smoothly.
Learn how to connect YouTube to Smoothcomp »
Other (custom RTMP)
Can be any platform that supports RTMP or event SRT (Vimeo, Rokfin, Staylive etc).
Learn how to stream to other platforms »
- Visibility let's you select who the stream will be visible for. If the stream is created through YouTube this status will also sync with the YouTube setting.
- Public: All visitors can see the stream on your event page.
- Private: Only you and your staff can see the stream on your event page. This setting can be changed later if you want to test a stream before going live.
- *Unlisted: All visitors can see the stream on your event page. However, on Youtube it will be "unlisted", meaning only people with the link are able to see it.
* Applies only for YouTube
2. Start streaming
Once the stream is created (step 1) you are now ready to start streaming!
- Smoothstreamer App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices. Easy as scanning a QR code and then tap "record". Learn more how to use Smoothstreamer »
- OBS, vMix, Ecamm and other for computers. Used for professional production.